Duplicate contacts on your device increase time to search for right contact instantly. These identical contacts accumulate on your device over time due to syncing with various accounts and other reasons. You can streamline these contacts and de-duplicate your contact list instantly following different methods. Let’s discuss ways to get rid of duplicate contacts in iPhone.
Delete Duplicate Contacts in iPhone
Using your Contacts app: This is the simplest and most viable method to add or delete duplicate contacts in iPhone. Contacts app in your device helps you to edit your contact list the way you want it to be. Using Contacts app on your device, you can add or remove one contact at a time. Follow below mentioned steps to remove a contact from your device using built-in Contacts app.
- Go to Home Screen of your device and access contacts list.
- Now sift through the contact list to find and locate the contact that you want to remove. Alternatively, you can search the contact direct from the search bar at the top of the device screen for quick navigation.
- Tap on the selected contact to access details.
- Tap “Edit” in the upper-right corner of the screen to edit the selected contact.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on “Delete Contact” option and confirm it.
This simple step will help you quickly remove your selected contact from the list. Remember if your device is connected to your iCloud account then the selected contact will be deleted from all your connected devices.
Deleting all iCloud contacts: When you sync your contacts with your iCloud account, it offers you quick and easy access to your contacts. If you have your contacts synced with the iCloud account, you can remove all such contacts following these steps.
- Go to Settings app from the Home Screen to turn off all iCloud contacts syncing. This first step will enable you to delete all your iCloud contacts stored on your device.
- Select “iCloud” to access the iCloud syncing menu.
- Here, search for “Contact” and toggle it off. Now you will be prompted to delete all iCloud contacts stored locally on your iPhone.
- Select “Delete from my iPhone” option to delete all contacts which you have synced with your iCloud account.
- Check other email accounts to remove contacts: If you have synced your contacts with other email accounts as well then you can consider following the same process to delete contacts synced with these accounts. To do this, simply go to Settings > Mail/Calendars and toggle off contact syncing option for any of the accounts to delete contacts.
Using your Address book and iTunes: If your contacts from your device are synced with your Mac or Outlook on a system then you can consider deleting them using your address book on the system. Following this, you can also delete iTunes contacts. To do this, follow these steps.
- Access menu on your device to open “Address Book” and locate the contact. To select multiple contacts which are not next to each other, press Command + Click (for Mac) and Ctrl + Click (For other computers). To select multiple contacts which are next to each other, press Shift + Click.
- If you are on a Mac, click on the “Edit” option and choose “Delete Cards” or press the “Delete” key. If you are on another computer, go to Contacts list and click on Actions > Menu > Delete Contact.
- If contacts on your device are not synced wirelessly then plug your iPhone into your system, open iTunes menu and choose your iPhone at the top right of the iTunes window.
- Click on the “Info” option and enable Sync Contacts > All Contacts.
- Now, click on the “Apply” button to sync your iPhone with iTunes and remove the contacts you have deleted in your address book.
Using Groups: If you don’t want to delete your contacts completely then you can hide your contact’s entire categories from the list on iPhone. To manage your different groups on the device, tap the Groups button given at the top of the Contacts screen. Now “Uncheck” the group’s option from the list to hide them and tap on “Done” when finished.
Using Apps: This is the simplest and most effective way to manage your contacts on any of your device including iPhone. Using various duplicate contacts remover apps, you can manage your contacts in the most efficient way in time effective manner. These tools use smart algorithms and advanced techniques to find and delete all duplicate contacts on your device. It helps you streamline your contact list for easy access.
You can follow these simple steps to manage and edit your contacts instantly and accurately. It can help you manage your contact list efficiently to access contacts instantly. Different duplicate contact remover apps are also useful to give effective results.
Summary: Duplicate contacts on your device accumulate over time and make your contact list cluttered and unorganized. Let’s discuss ways to get rid of these duplicate contacts in iPhone.